Mimi left yesterday. I cried.
- We were supposed to go to the Zoo with the cousins after a morning check-up for Lexi, but Dec had been running a low grade fever for the past couple of days and I couldn't decide - should we stay or should we go? Would getting outside do him some good, or is it a bad idea? Usually a decisive person, I could not make a decision to save my life! When he kept wanting me to hold him, I decided not to go.
- Mimi was scheduled to leave, but stayed for the morning to watch Dec so that I could take Lexi to her second doctor's appointment (much easier with one kiddo instead of two). At the doctor I held back tears as she told me to wake Lexi more often than I had been for feedings. No big deal, she's gained weight - (post on this to come) but in my crazy state I took it personally, feeling like a bad mom. I didn't cry, but wanted to. Totally irrational.
- I decided to swing by Target on my way home to return a nursing tank (again taking advantage of one kidlet instead of two). When the customer care people at Target said that I couldn't get store credit without a receipt, I am embarrassed to report that I completely flipped out! I definitely would have been mad in my normal state, but probably would have been more eloquent in my delivery if you catch my drift!
- By the time I got home I was balling -I walked in the door and wanted nothing more than to hug my mom! Good thing she was there! I completely freaked her out walking in crying like that. She immediately assumed something was wrong with Lexi. No mom, just your grown up daughter feeling like a child on this particular day!
- Although she offered to stay longer, we said good-bye to Meams (as Adam likes to call her) around 12. When Dec woke up from his afternoon nap later that day, his low grade fever jumped to 103. Lovely. Adam took him to urgent care and found out he has strep throat. What?! We assumed his last tooth breaking was the cause of the fever. He's sick? And, we have a newborn? And it's April - this is NOT flu season. Bummer.
Wait, that picture doesn't really illustrate our sick little man...this is more what we were dealing with:
On a lighter note, I wasn't completely crazy yesterday. I was able to enjoy a very girly hour with my daughter when Adam took Dec to urgent care. We watched highlights of the Royal Wedding together. We discussed Kate's dress, the hats, the flowers, etc...you know, wedding stuff. Here's a picture of my beautiful Lex enjoying some girl time:
So anyway, I'm feeling better today. A little more in control. Dec is on antibiotics and seems to be on the mend. I'm praying Lexi doesn't get sick. The four of us are spending a leisurely Saturday at home. I just have to document that between our newborn and our sick little toddler, Adam and I changed 8 diapers before noon today. We're keeping a tally. Ha, ha, the life of parents!